Green Energy Options (“geo”) Health and Safety Policy
geo believes that the prevention of accidents involving personal injury or damage to property is essential to the successful operation of the business and it regards the health, safety and welfare of its employees as paramount.
Therefore, through this statement of intent geo affirms its commitment to achieving, so far as is reasonably practicable, the highest standards of health, safety and welfare for all its employees, contractors and others who may be affected by the activities of geo. In addition, geo affirms its commitment to minimise, wherever possible, any harmful effects the business may have on the environment.
In particular, geo will ensure that:
- A safe and healthy working environment with adequate welfare facilities is provided
- A safe workplace is provided and maintained with provision of safe means of access to and exit from the office
- Comprehensive information, instruction and training is provided to enable every employee to contribute to their own and others’ health and safety at work, and to fully co-operate in the operation of the policy. This includes information about personal safety and lone working
- Arrangements are provided for ensuring the safe use, handling and transport of articles and substances
- Safe systems of work and plant maintenance are provided
- All measures necessary, as far as is reasonably practicable, are taken to minimise the risks to young persons at work (persons of school leaving age but under 18 years old). geo will assess and document the additional risks and the measures provided to ensure the health and safety of such persons
- The Company’s business activities are carried out in a manner that creates minimal disturbance to the local community and local habitats
- Contractors carrying out activities at the Company’s sites do so in a manner which reflects and maintains the Company’s own health and safety and environmental objectives
Overall accountability for health, safety and environmental issues within the Company lies with the geo Board.
Whilst recognising that the prime aim of geo is to be successful through the provision of quality service to customers, the physical and mental health and well-being of employees and others will not be placed at risk and this policy will be pursued with the utmost diligence by the Directors.
This policy will be brought to the attention of all employees and any other person who may be affected by the Company’s undertaking. This policy will be reviewed annually and may be modified from time to time and may be supplemented as necessary by further statements relating to the work of particular sections or groups of employees.
Staff are immediately accountable to the Directors for health, safety and environmental matters and are responsible, within your sphere of duty, for ensuring that:
- You take reasonable care of your own safety and that of any other person who may be affected by your actions whilst at work.
- You co-operate with management to comply with relevant health, safety, and environmental legislation.
- You do not intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interests of health, safety, or welfare.
- You inform your line manager of any work situation which you would reasonably consider to be a danger to health or safety, and that of any other matter which you would reasonably consider to represent a shortcoming in the Company’s protection arrangements for health and safety.
Copyright © 2020 Green Energy Options Limited
Last updated: 24 July 2020